History & Mission
Gustafson's Dairy began in the early 1900s (it feels like forever ago) with one very special Bossy Lady, a cow called Buttercup. Mama & Papa Gus originally bought Buttercup to provide milk for their six children, but soon neighbors wanted in on her deliciously fresh milk too. So, Mama Gus bought more cows and started churning butter in the backyard. Everything ran smoothly until the City of Green Cove Springs asked the Gustafson family to move their cows because they were wandering in the city! In 1925, the Dairy moved to its present location, and the rest is history.
We are committed to providing nutritious, high quality dairy products at competitive prices to consumers in Florida and south Georgia. Dedicated to upholding the reputation for taste, quality, safety and dependability started by Mama and Papa Gus, we exercise responsible stewardship of the natural resources under our control. Our goal is to be the "Brand of Choice" for milk consumers in our market, as well as the "Supplier of Choice" for farmers seeking a private label solution.